Gateway Christian Church reopened for worship on Sunday, June 7, 2020.
We look forward to seeing those of you who may join us at the church building this Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 10:15 a.m. or on the website. We do plan on recording the service live and will keep you informed if you are able watch the live service. We will also be posting a recorded copy later as well.
Our decisions that have shaped this revised worship experience are based on the following needs:
• Honor and protect YOUR safety and health during our community worship experience
• Honor God in our worship time by assembling as a group
• Respect the guidelines presented by the CDC, state of Colorado, and Tri-County health.
To allow our worship to meet all three of these needs, we must make quite a few changes to our worship time together. The church leadership has prayerfully discussed and agreed on these changes. Some changes may make you uncomfortable because they are ‘different’ or ‘we haven’t done it that way’. We also recognize that all activity may not occur exactly as we thought, and we will adjust accordingly.
We will be contacting each of you by late Thursday to determine how many are planning to join us this weekend. This is to help us plan appropriately.
Please consider these requirements when making your decision to join us ‘in person’ or ‘online’.
• Masks are required.
• If you have a temperature or are not feeling well, please stay home, recover, and join us online.
• The six-foot social distancing standard is expected to be followed inside the building and on the sidewalks.
• No food or drink will be allowed in the building (our apologies to coffee drinkers).
• There will be no Sunday School, Junior church, or childcare scheduled for the near future (guidelines are too high for us to meet).
• Please enter through the main entrance only.
• We will be conducting a quick temperature check for your safety.
• Seating will be by family (sorry, this includes children and teenagers also). Enjoy your family experience.
Here are a few different things that you will notice during the service.
• Please arrive no earlier than 10 AM. We do not have a ‘coffee and snack time’ available before the service.
• Seating will be using alternate pews. This leaves an empty pew in front of you and behind you. Depending on the number of people participating, we may have to use an overflow area (There is a government mandated limit of 50 people in the main area). We will have an audio and video feed for the overflow area.
• You and your guests may be asked to sit in a specific location to help meet social distancing guidelines. Please honor requests made by the ushers.
• There will not be a handshake time.
• Communion will be served differently.
• Offering will occur at the end of the service when you are dismissed (or you can participate online).
• At the closing of the service, you will be dismissed by row.
• Please do not congregate in the foyer. Have conversations in the parking lot, phone, or other methods.
• There will be communication cards but no bulletins (until other activities become the norm).
Things that we pray are unchanged and honor God as we worship Him
• An awesome shared worship experience
• Worship song time
• Message (sermon)
• Prayer time (including personal prayer items – this will not be included in the on-line service)
• Fellowship (without the hugs and handshakes)
We recognize that this list reminds us of the Ten Commandments. It is not the list that we desire to have nor the list that we want to have to enforce but we value the health that each of you currently enjoys and look forward to seeing you for a very long time.
We would love to see all of you, but we also respect need to be comfortable with joining together. When we contact you, please ask any questions to help you confirm your decision to attend physically or online.